BCSWMD provides curbside collection of cardboard and office paper to businesses located within the City of Columbus. Each location is eligible for pick-up up to 3 times per week.
Cost: The service of this container is free. The business needs to purchase a rear load container of size that works for your cardboard and paper use. Alternatively, if you are a small business and do not generate much material, you can purchase a Toter from Lowes Home Improvement as your cardboard container. BCSWMD will provide "cardboard only" decals to communicate the purpose of your container.
- Corrugated Cardboard - Must be flattened. Styrofoam and inserts and plastic film must be removed.
- Paperboard - Must be flattened and inserts removed.
- White Paper - Staples are OK. No paper clips. Place in clear bag. Do not overfill.
- Computer Paper - Includes computer paper with bars. Place in clear bag. Do not overfill.
- Mixed Office Paper - Includes colored paper, carbonless forms, flyers and Post-it notes.
- Junk Mail - Includes envelopes with windows, brochures. Must be all paper. No CD's.
- Shredded Paper - Any color. Do not overfill bags.
- Magazines - Must be separated from all other paper. Double bag. Only fill 1/3 of bag.
Materials NOT Accepted
- No paper towels, napkins, tissue or toilet paper.
- No packaging material. Please remove all plastic wrap, Styrofoam, etc. before placing cardboard in your container.
- No potato chip bags, candy wrappers or gift-wrap.
- No trash.
- No Newspaper, books or phone books. These items can be Recycled at the C/B Recycling Center on Business Monday.